Thursday, November 04, 2004

WELCOME TO THE FALL (NO, I DON'T MEAN AUTUMN)

I don't have much to say about the election. I've always believed that I lived in a right-wing country that occasionally had brief spasms of liberalism, always followed by recriminations, rage, and a sprawling headlong dive into the darkest depths of so-called "conservatism" at first opportunity. Clinton didn't win a majority his first time, remember. Perot won it for him. The second time, he won, but hardly anybody showed up, because Dole didn't angry up the Bible-thumpers.

Well, George W. sure didn't make that mistake, did he? More anti-science, anti-homo, anti-furriner, gun-totin', Jesus-lovin' dipshits turned out this time than ever before.

What century is this, again?

I think those people should chop their thumbs off, if they're as opposed to evolution as they claim to be. Don't need thumbs to turn pages in the Bible.

Ah, fuck it. Nobody wants to know what I think about politics. I'll shut up after I say this:

If you disagree with him on social, economic and environmental issues, but you voted for this cocksucker anyway, because you thought he'd protect you from terrorists, as some folks claim they did, you are what is known as a "useful idiot."

The Republican Party exists to reward the powerful and enforce Old Testament morality on everyone else. They want your vote, but they don't want your opinion. If you put your progressive social views aside and said "save me from the Ay-rabs, Big Daddy," you helped empower the theocrats, and I have nothing but contempt for you.

On another subject, I recently interviewed Dave Mustaine of Megadeth. The results of our conversation (which made the 16-year-old me very happy indeed) are here. If they come to your town, go see them. Let your rage out.

No comments: