Thursday, May 14, 2009

THE MONOLITH HAS LANDED

I got my copy of the new Sunn O))) album, Monoliths & Dimensions, in today's mail - a vinyl promo copy. It's a double slab, one track per side, plus a little booklet with personnel and other info (presumably - I haven't broken the shrink-wrap). All I can say is, if you get one too, make sure you read the sticker carefully (not just the part about "PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS RECORD IN SEQUENCE/PLEASE DO NOT COPY THIS MUSIC TO A COMPUTER OR CDR"). Take note:

Side A: Aghartha...33 rpm
Side B: Big Church [megszentségtelenithetetlenségeskedéseitekért]...45 rpm
Side C: Hunting & Gathering (Cydonia)...45 rpm
Side D: Alice...33 rpm.

(Though frankly, if somebody uploads this thing, I hope they do it at the wrong speed just so I can hear what it sounds like that way.)

For more info and some very awesome photos:

monoliths.southernlord.com

And look out for a major (5000+ words) feature on the group, by me, in the next issue of Signal to Noise.

No comments: