Tuesday, June 29, 2010

HOW TO GIVE YOURSELF A STROKE

The new issue of Alternative Press is out, and I contributed more to it than I have to any issue in several years. The editors decided to do capsule write-ups on every single band playing Warped Tour 2010, and I wrote (and sometimes rewrote) 15 of 'em in the course of something like ten days; I blurbed After Midnight Project, American Sixgun, Artist Vs Poet, Brass Tackz, Emmure, Every Time I Die, Eyes Set To Kill, I See Stars, Iwrestledabearonce, The Jukebox Romantics, The Mighty Regis, Parkway Drive, Pierce The Veil, Suicide Silence, and Terrible Things. I've also got reviews of the new albums by A Plea For Purging and The Tony Danza Tapdance Extravaganza, and a review of the new In This Moment disc that's accompanied by an interview with vocalist Maria Brink. It was a busy couple of weeks, but when the check arrives, it'll all have been worth it.

No comments: