Monday, October 11, 2010

I'M NOT APOLITICAL, I JUST KEEP MY MOUTH SHUT A LOT

John Cole:
Some days I wonder why I even worry about politics. I’m single, white, straight, somewhat educated, over the draft age, and I’ll make it. I don’t smoke pot, I don’t want a gay marriage, I’m not a minority, I’m not disabled, I don’t have any pre-existing conditions, I’ll never have an abortion, I’m not going to be discriminated against in the workplace, no one is going to beat me up on the street for who I am, and we’re not going to be able to do anything about the big issues of the day like global warming.
Now you know why there are very few political posts on this blog. I have political views, but as (I think) Thomas Frank once put it, "Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy." The real-world applications of my political views work out to yelling at the TV and muttering, "Fuck all these assholes."

No comments: