Sunday, June 19, 2005

CRASHING THE PARTY

Hardly anybody knows this place exists, so I rarely get challenged with answer-and-pass-along-to-five-friends internerd memes, but I spotted this one at Geeta Dayal's joint and figured I'd get on board regardless, since it pretty much has my name all over it...

Total volume of music on my computer: 97.61 GB. 18982 songs, 74 days, 20 hours, 9 minutes, 2 seconds. About to be zeroed out, though; as I type this, I'm in the process of burning all that to 23 DVDs so I have a clean hard drive for music software.

Last CD I bought was: A twofer - I picked up At The Drive-In's This Station Is Non-Operational and Gorillaz' Demon Days at Target.

Song playing right now: none, but the last thing I listened to was Silentist's "Kimono Mask" (see earlier entry).

Five songs I listen to a lot these days: George Thorogood, "Who Do You Love"; ZZ Top, "I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide"; Steely Dan, "Black Cow"; Ramones, "California Sun"; David Bowie, "Heroes." I have an iPod playlist labeled "70s Rock" (it also includes James Brown, Stevie Wonder, Sly & the Family Stone and Earth, Wind & Fire) that's pretty much my default selection when I leave the house.

No comments: