Tuesday, June 28, 2005

INVITED BACK TO THE COOL KIDS' CLUB

I've never been able to really work the Voice. There are some critics who are in there just about every week, and I don't know how they do it, because every pitch I send gets tossed back with a "sorry, the section's full for months." And yet, when I send something on spec, I've got about a 20% chance of seeing it in print. But writing for the Voice is tough, because Chuck's a tough (albeit really, really good) editor; you've gotta bring your A game. So do I wanna sweat that much, mentally, for the possibility of absolutely no reward? Not really, I don't, no. I'm a businessman, not some teenaged lunatic with too much time on his hands. I don't have nearly enough time on my hands.

But sometimes I do bash something out and send it Chuck's way, and it lands in print. Like this week. Here are my thoughts on Trivium's Ascendancy.

No comments: