Wednesday, September 28, 2005

GET OUT

Watched lots of the two-part Bob Dylan thing on PBS (didn't watch all of Part 2, as it interfered with Nip/Tuck and, I mean, come on - they were doing plastic surgery on a gorilla!). Subsequently I have decided I should maybe listen to more Bob Dylan. I used to own his Greatest Hits and liked 2-3 songs on it, and I currently have in my possession a burn of the "Albert Hall" concert from 1966, which I like the electric half of. But I need Bringing It All Back Home and Highway 61 Revisited and Blonde On Blonde, I think, and then I'll be all done. So I made an arrangement to receive burns of those three albums from a dude I know, and in return I'm sending him some out jazz, because he doesn't have any and I have, well, a shitload. I decided a nice mix was better than burning whole albums, even though most of the albums I pulled from only contained two sidelong tracks. Anyhow, here's what I sent:

OUT JAZZ VOL. 1
Don Ayler Sextet, "Prophet John" (Holy Ghost)
Archie Shepp, "Black Gipsy" (Black Gipsy)
Grachan Moncur III, "Exploration" (New Africa)
Sunny Murray, "Suns Of Africa (Parts 1 & 2)" (Homage To Africa)
Sonny Sharrock, "Portrait Of Linda In Three Colors, All Black" (Black Woman)

OUT JAZZ VOL. 2
Art Ensemble of Chicago, "Theme De Yoyo" (Les Stances A Sophie)
Alice Coltrane/Rashied Ali, "Battle At Armageddon" (Universal Consciousness)
Pharoah Sanders, "Healing Song" (Live At The East)
Don Cherry, "Eternal Rhythm Part 1" (Eternal Rhythm)
Cecil Taylor, "Conquistador" (Conquistador!)

OUT JAZZ VOL. 3
Joe Henderson, "El Barrio" (Inner Urge)
Frank Wright, "One For John/China (Part 1)" (One For John)
Jimmy Lyons, "Premonitions" (Other Afternoons)
Dave Burrell, "Echo" (Echo)
Pharoah Sanders Ensemble w/Albert Ayler, "Venus/Upper & Lower Egypt" (Holy Ghost)

No comments: